Christianity and Islam are the two main religions.
The economy is based on agriculture and crude oil drilling in the Niger Delta region. A large part of it’s GDP comes from the oil sector. It is a major producer of solid minerals. It’s chief exports are crude oil, ground nuts, rubber and cocoa.
Time is 6 hours ahead of U.S. Central timezone, 5 hours ahead of Eastern timezone.
English is the national language
Yoruba, Hausa-Fulani and Igbo are the three dominant ethnic groups.
The currency is Naira
- USD to Naira = .0066
- Naira to USD = about 150
- It is extremely hot and humid for most of the year.
- Temperatures average around 80 degrees Fahrenheit or hotter
- Rainy season lasts from April to July and a lighter one from September to December
- Harmattan (dry and dusty wind) from November to February
- July is the coolest month